Saturday, September 18, 2010

Organizing the Studio

Before each session, I try to bring new life into the studio. I do a major clean-up, add new materials, and re-organize. It's important for me to reflect on how the children have been using the studio and re-work the environment to fit their movement and curiosities. As they say in the preschools of Reggio Emila, the environment is also a teacher. So it's always a work in progress!
Organizing the collage materials into glass jars and displaying them together on the top shelf adds an element of sparkle and intrigue. Because of the glass factor and organization, they are just out of reach, but always available if anyone asks for them. I also acquired some new buckets to organize the brushes and tools. I'm curious to see if the kids will carry these around the studio because of the handles!



Let the fall session begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment